Well thank you so much sweet Nicki I am thrilled to have been chosen for this award. What on earth can I possibly tell you guys that you don't already know. I think I have a few little jewels left:).
1. Today I felt like I totally stink at parenthood. Ryan had an awful time at school right off the bat this morning. Let me set the stage for you-literally. We were late to preschool, so I had to walk him inside (in the 25 degree weather!) which I know is off his routine and usually causes a little anxiety, but I had no idea what was in store for me today. My mom walked Ryan into the sanctuary where all 6 pre-K classes were lined up practicing their songs while I dropped off Ally at MDO. I went back to look in the window to see how the singing was going and I see Honey trying to drag Ryan up on stage and I knew immediately that wouldn't fly. I don't know if it was the singing or the fact that we were late but he was NOT going up there and nothing I did or threatened seemed to matter. Long, Long story short Ryan decided to bolt. He ran from me, my mom, his teacher and then he proceeded to scream like he was being abducted. I finally caught him, marched him into the bathroom and let him have it. After the awfulness, I walked him to his classroom told him to go and sit and I left the room in tears. Honestly sometimes I am at a total loss. Parenting can be so frustrating, and confusing and hilarious and maddening all at the same time some days. Tomorrow WILL be better! Ryan ended up having a great day after the rest of the class joined him so I guess the positive thing is that he recovered. I'm looking for little victories here people! Thank you God for your forgiveness and grace.
2. I cannot fathom that my BABY is going to be 2 on Thursday. Seriously how is that possible?
3. I miss Bible Study. We have a long break between fall and spring sessions and it's so good for me to be in a study so that I get in the word on a regular basis. Sad but true.
4. I once wanted to be a back up dancer for MC Hammer. Are you laughing picturing that. Me a back up dancer? My friend Megan and I would try to dance like those crazy dancers non-stop my freshman year of High School.
5. In September I left ground beef in my car for 3 days without noticing it wasn't in my freezer. It slipped out of the HEB grocery sack and let's just say that Mark and I literally thought an animal had died in my car it stunk so bad. We had to get my car detailed just to get rid of that smell. NOT exactly how I wanted to spend $90!!!
6. My nickname from HS was Banjo-cool huh?
7. Target is my home away from home. I spend WAY too much time and money in that store. I just LOVE it!
8. I'm addicted to my iPhone. Seriously the best gift I've ever gotten-besides my children of course. Sorry that makes me sound so materialistic, but it's the honest truth. -:)
9. I had a crush on my husband when I was 15, but we didn't start dating until my 5th year of college. God's timing!
10. I Never, Ever thought I would live in Waco after growing up here, but I cannot imagine living anywhere else. I love that I can leave my house at 5:00 and not be stuck in traffic for 2 hours. I love that my family goes to FBC Woodway and we get to see people I have known my entire life. I love that my kids get to see their grandparents so much. I love shopping here and playing here and all that this town has to offer. I heart Waco, and I'll defend this town to anyone who gives me grief!
I know some very honest bloggers who are worthy of this award. So to Caryn, Kacey, Mindy, Robin, Shannon B., Shannon M. and Leigh I cannot wait to hear your acceptance speeches!