Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve and Christmas morning Purdy style

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year. I honestly was very busy all month and was really looking forward to a few peaceful days with my little four pack. It was a much needed blessing to s-l-o-w down, sleep in, play games, eat great food and visit with my favorite people in the world. Thank you Lord for this time to reflect on your Son and for the continued Grace and Mercy you show us each and every day.

Christmas Eve was freezing!! I know it's cold when Ryan actually wears pants (he is always wearing shorts and it drives me a little nuts). It wasn't too cold to keep these 3 from hooping it up outside :).

We let Ally and Ryan open their gifts to each other early and this will probably be a new Wood family tradition because it spaced things out a bit and they were SUPER EXCITED!!


Ryan really liked his new DS game :). I see this scene a lot these days.
Then we went to Honey and GP's and let the Festivities begin. We let all the cousins draw a name and they got to choose a book for that person. This was a great idea sisters and we'll be doing this again next year too! Can you feel the anticipation?
The 8 books, each carefully chosen
Cousin twins again---these two are thick as thieves.
Pinkalicious!!
and a Phineas and Ferb chapter book for Ryan
We LOVE our books!!
Ally forced Aunt Kacey to read it immediately.
And then presents and more presents....such fun!
Dad read the Christmas story and we all headed to the Christmas Eve service
When we got back it was PJ time!!! We all have matching PJ'a...I mean ALL 18 of us, I'll post that picture soon---it's a keeper. My sweet Nana and her friend Sam were also with us this Christmas although I have no pictures to prove that. SO sorry NANA! I lost some major photo steam after the service. We were thrilled that you guys were here and absolutely LOVE getting to spend time with you.
After a short sleep it was CHRISTMAS MORNING!!! And of course Santa came and visited us at Honey and GP's.
Ally's stocking
Ryan's stocking
I wish Ryan I could have bottled Ryan and Ally's excitement when they ran into to find their stocking!! Ryan will never show his emotions in a picture but believe me he was STOKED that we're going to San Antonio to the Alamo Bowl!!
He's gonna wear this...
And Ally and I are gonna relax at the hotel while the boys go to the very late game :).
She was thrilled about her Barbie bike (and maybe even MORE excited about the mini Barbie bike that came with it)
Stocking madness
And then we had one of the best meals ever. Steak, twice baked potatoes and all the fixings. YUM!
Merry Christmas
from the Woods
to you!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Merry Christmas to one of my favorite families! You are looking beautiful, Angie! Can't wait to see the entire family in pjs!