Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wicked Fun

Last Saturday the original Purdy clan (minus one very important member) traveled to Austin to see Wicked. Growing up my parents took us to the Dallas Summer Musicals and I have loved musicals ever since. I must admit that Wicked is my new favorite. It's the prequel to The Wizard of Oz and it depicts the lives of Glinda the Good Witch and Wicked Witch of the West. The music was AMAZING not to mention the costumes and dancing making it an awesome production.


Mark stayed home with the kids (he does not share my love of musicals...perhaps because the first on I took him to was Lord of the Dance and let's just say that he has made fun of them ever since:-)). And they had a blast with Daddy. They watched a Scobby Doo marathon and then e-mailed me their scary monster faces.

Such scary monsters

5 comments:

shannonmichaelis said...

isn't wicked the BEST?

MLP said...

How fun for you and your sweet family, but I bet ya'll were missing that other sweet one!

I love what Mark and the kids did! CRACKIN' me up!!!

Sally said...

everyone that has seen Wicked loves it!!! The youth are always talking about it too...i need to see it so i can be "in the know" with them a little bit and have something to talk to them about - ha ha! How fun that looked! glad ya'll had a good time!

Melissa said...

yes, all of my music gals loooove wicked the most. i can't wait to see it some day! so glad you got to go. tyson also does not share my love for musicals...the first for him was my fair lady...he has never seen one since. i guess we will have to go without them from now on? though, in his defense, he bought tickets to see les mis here and actually went with me. i think he secretly liked it...just the fighting parts. :)

Blessings from the Reeds said...

That is too funny about the monsters at your house!

My niece, Kyndall, just went to see Wicked and loved it too! I never knew there was another part to Wizard of Oz? What a fun family time. You guys always do such wonderful fun things together as a family. I Love that!