1. God is faithful. Even in trying circumstances, even in disappointment and confusion, He is there! He's the Beginning and the End. He's never surprised, conflicted or confused, and that is VERY comforting to me.
2. God is who He says He is. He can do what He says He can do. I am who God says I am. I can do all things through Him. God's word is alive and active in me.
3. Marriage is work. It can easily fall into a rut. I need face to face time with my hubby every single week! Please don't misunderstand me, I am more in love with Mark today than I have ever been, but I have realized that with our hectic schedules, pressures, work, etc.. date nights get pushed aside. To be a better parent; I need time alone with Mark that is guilt free.
4. My friends are amazing. They are consistent and authentic. I have a wonderful support group that I did not have in my 20s, which is FANTASTIC! I am thankfully over the need to pretend, to not be myself. Some will tell you I am too much myself, and could use a little more mouth training:-). I am over caring about what others have, what others think about me, my clothes, weight and trying to impress or justify. That, my friends, is freedom! It is honestly refreshing to be prayed over, humbled, pushed and content with my friends.
5. I love a good par-tay! I love planning it and searching for ideas and letting the creative juices go crazy.
6. I have learned to say no this year. The Lord and Mark have been working on this for years...remember I'm a slow learner:-). This has never been a strength of mine. I feel like I let others down, or feel guilted into doing things or whatever. But this year I did it and you know what, the world kept right on going. I need to celebrate this one. I am putting my family higher on the list and seeing the rewards!
7. I love Zumba. I may look silly dancing around but, I am still a dancer at heart so this class fits me perfectly! One of my besties, Erica, teaches Zumba at our church and I love how I feel after each class. She's amazing to watch and does a devotional each week that always hits home. I have really enjoyed watching this ministry take off. The Lord is really blessing her efforts and it's just plain cool to see His hand at work!
8. My children are huge. I was staring at Ryan this week thinking I cannot believe how big he is. Ally too...they are incredible and I am HONORED to be their mommy!
9. I love a good deal. Target is still my home and I get sucked in almost every week. Mark doesn't have the same affection for Target but my children sure do!
10. I am not in control. This is something that I would say I knew but really didn't believe. I have learned several lessons this year in trusting the Lord with everything, including my family. I was finally convinced that I am not in control. Scary, and freeing at the same time.
I have learned so much more but 10 seems like a good number to stop on. Have a fantastic weekend. I am having an awesome bday! We're on VACATION! Whoo-Hoo!!
Mark's President's Club trip in Punta Cana, DR.
Off to get a birthday fruity drink:-)