Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Sssscary Ssssurprise

When Mark got home from Lubbock on Sunday night he noticed that there was something on our porch. He flipped on the light and saw that there was a snake curled up waiting to strike. Mark and Ryan are both fascinated with snakes so he had to open the door to see what kind of snake he was dealing with. After a closer look, he noticed that it was A DIAMOND HEAD RATTLESNAKE. Thank you Lord for allowing Mark to have car trouble (another story) and arrive home 30 minutes before we did. I cannot imagine seeing that evil snake curled up on our porch ready to strike!!!! I have no idea where he came from and I hope we never ever see his brothers or sisters. UUGG I really don't like snakes. Fortunately, our neighbors saw Mark run like he was being chased off the porch and immediately came out ready to wrangle the unwanted visitor. I'll just say that a hoe was involved and you guys can make your own conclusion as to what happened to Sally the Snake. The Moral of this story is to turn on your porch light before heading outside in the evening. Oh and death by rattlesnake is now among the list of my silly fears.
The End

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I was sweeping mom and dad's porch 2 summers ago at dusk. I went from mailbox to front door and when I was about 6 ft from th door something in the left corner uncoiled. I was screaming at dad, but he was mowing. I was more scared of leaving that thing and it slithering away than whacking it. I ran and got him and a shovel and it was gone. I refused to go in the front yard the rest of the week!

Katy said...

yikes! did you hear jenny h. found one on her front steps too?? what's the deal??? scary snakes!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I just got chills reading this and not the good kind! Yuk, Oh bless your heart. I would have packed up and moved. ha! I hate snakes too. Praying that he was just a lonely ol snake who doesn't have any friends or family!!!!

Shannon said...

Seriously....MY BIGGEST FEAR! You know that's what did in Hotdog (my weiner dog) growing up. There was one on our back porch and I WAS THE ONE THAT FOUND IT!!!! Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. I guess it's all the rain and icky weather. YUCK!!!

MLP said...

ANGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my Goodness! I can't even believe! Thank God that the outcome was like it is. That is so scary...I had to have Troy come read this. So thankful that everything was okay...no more scary stories like this, okay?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Libbie said...

oh my goodness. i can't imagine. At least Ryan has a cool story to tell his friends and PTL that Mark made it home first!

The Junods said...

Sick! They are brother to the Devil!

Jill said...

That is so scary!! I narrowly missed a copperhead slithering up my front door this summer. Glad y'all were not harmed!