Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July at LBJ

I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating our nation's Independence! We spent Thursday-Sunday at my favorite place in Texas, Lake LBJ. We had a blast as usual but my parents were missed! I never really realized just how much they do: cook, clean, drive the boat, entertain the kids etc., until they are not there. In spite of a break-in(before we arrived-nothing was taken SO WEIRD!), a boat repair, a broken AC and general craziness, we still had so much fun. I enjoy every second spent with my sisters and bro-in-laws. I have no pictures of the 6 grownups but I promise we were there. I'll do better next time:-)Here are my kids on the new boat lovin' life!

These water guns were a huge hit

And of course they all loved baby pool with the slide.

Aunt Cary had a really fun 4th of July edible craft that they kids LOVED. I think Ally ate about 50 marshmellows in one sitting.



Ryan jumping off the lower dock. This was quite a weekend for firsts. Stacey III and Ryan both jumped off the high dock several times. Bravo boys!! Click here to see an AWESOME video that Stacey made of the boys jumping

These two were smiling the entire time

Getting ready for the fireworks.

Little Miss Firecracker

After one of the most amazing fireworks we have ever seen we let Ryan and Stacey shoot off some of Uncle Josh's fireworks. These little tanks were a favorite.

I am already ready to head back down-any takers?

6 comments:

Caryn said...

Great pictures!! It was another great weekend at the lake. Your previous self proclaimed "mee-maw" post had me laughing, you are far from mee maw material :)

shannonmichaelis said...

too fun with all the cousins - i love it that there are so many of you! great photos of the weekend. awesome that you guys got together without the folks.

MLP said...

We'll go!!!!!!!! Looks like so much fun!

I am loving all the pictures. The kids are so precious and all look so happy together. Cuzin' luvin is the best!!!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I love the one with them all in their red, white and blue on the couch! Cousins are the best. Looks like a FUN time. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa said...

always...you know i love it! that stinks about a break in...was everything ok? that just should not be happening in kingsland. it is way too perfect there. so glad you guys had fun! i love that they jumped...i still have that pic of us in 5th grade jumping together! love you!

Libbie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I guess Ally likes the water better than the thought of snow!! Love all the fun pictures.