Saturday, April 6, 2013

Easter weekend 2013

We had another egg-celent Purdy Easter Party on Good Friday.  I gotta be honest this year I have read some VERY challenging blog posts and articles on Easter.  Some say we shouldn't celebrate Jesus with  egg hunts, others say we shouldn't buy new clothes for Easter Sunday we should give that money to the poor or donate to those in need.  I find myself in a funk thinking I've got it all wrong.  This is what's important or that cause is where its at.  I sometimes feel like I'm missing the boat.   It's a terrible overwhelming feeling that causes me to be paralyzed.  I'm thinking that's not what the Lord intended.
I love reading a different perspective then mine.  I find it exhilarating and challenging and it forces me to reflect and examine my personal choices.  Here's what I know to be true.  My Savior has blessed us with unique gifts, talents and passions.  I know that He's my Lord, that he was crucified on the darkest day but then HE ROSE from the grave for me, and you, and my kids and yours and everyone on this planet.  I have a hard time trying to live out someone else's walk with the Lord.  I think Beth Moore captured my heart perfectly when she wrote,

"You following Christ will not always look the same as someone else following Christ. Why on earth would He have bothered to form you in your mother’s womb with your own DNA and life experience ahead just to copy what someone else you’re seeing is doing?
Who are you supposed to look like in your calling here on earth and in the way you follow Christ? You’re supposed to look like the version of you that loves Jesus with everything in  you."
I DO love Jesus with everything in me.  I mess up every single day, and I have been given an enormous amount of grace.  The same author who challenged me with downsizing, and giving more to the poor also said that the world would be a better place with more grace.  And she's exactly right, as Christians we need to give each other more grace.  And honestly because I host an Easter party and egg hunt, does not mean I don't love the Lord.  It's fun, the kids love it and I have very fond memories growing up celebrating Easter.  Remember My life doesn't look like yours.  Thankfully he created me to be unique (some of this uniqueness is not good, but I'm a work in progress:)).  My story is different than yours and our struggles may not look the same.  I know this is true but sometimes I forget.

Lord PLEASE help me to to give more Grace because I receive it everyday from my Savior, family and friends.   Praise you Jesus!

Ok, onto the Party:
Caryn graciously offered to host the 84 guest this year at her house.  She really is the perfect hostess, calm, organized and laid back.  Thank you Caryn for doing all the work this year.  It was a blast in spite of the mud :). Some decorations:





 Some party peeps









 Ryan trying to help our little one.  He was having a ball.   I only pulled a lego head, leaves, candy and paper out of his moth on this day.  I can't sleep at night sometimes thinking what he could have choked on that day....wow.  almost one!
 plastic Eggs are the bomb
 terrible picture but the only one that proves I too was at the pa-tay!
 Hostess with the mosses for realz.  
 Older kids egg hunt

 whew...fun and exhausting times at Caryn's.  
On Sunday the kids discovered their Easter baskets
Brady's
 Ally's
 and Ryan's
 mom there are Puffs in my eggs...AWESOME!
 Oh happy Day!
 Heading to church
 such wonderful gifts
 crazy cousins
 second attempt, not much better
My People
 Beautiful Kacey and her fam
 Honey's egg hunt.  She pulled another genius move and didn't fill the eggs, she had them trade them in for treats.  Brilliant move and I'll be copying that in the future

 serious hunters



Thank you Lord for sending your Son.  I weep everytime I visualize the beating he took for me.  The lashing scene from the Passion of the Christ is permanently burned in my brain.  

 I love you Lord!  You make all things new.

No comments: