Monday, November 26, 2012

WCS Turkey Trot

One of my favorite events of the year was last week.  The annual WCS Turkey Trot.  It's such a fun day for my kids.  I also love gathering with fellow WCS parents, watching the kids perform, eating Bush's chicken and then heading out for the race! I never actually run the 1 mile or 3 mile race but it is very fun to watch!!:)
Honey opening us in prayer
Ally's class reciting this verse:
"Always give thanks for everything to our God and Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" 
Eph. 5:20
 Ryan's class reciting THE ENTIRE Beautitutes.  simply. awesome.
 Then RW's favorite...singing songs with hand motions.  I will never tire of watching this. Like I've said before he's come a LONG way.
 Cousins.  Wow they are really starting to look older, sniff sniff
 Mark and his #1 sidekick
 the smiths (minus the twins)
 the woods (minus Brady) Caryn and I had such a leisurely afternoon.  Thank you Kacey and Debbie for watching the littlest members of our growing family.  I think we'll make that a tradition every year!
 Gp and the oldest 4...great smiles!
 getting ready to RUN.  On your mark....get set...
 GOOOOOO!!!

 These two ran the ENTIRE 3 miles! spectacular.
 These two took a few breaks on the one mile
 but they probably had more fun
(This picture cracks me up, they look like twins!)
 And these two just make me laugh
 Here comes Wyatt.  He also ran the ENTIRE mile.  Way to go WY-WY

 And here comes my baby girl.  Good job Ally!
 Another pic they look similar :)
 And here comes big brother.  I am honestly amazed that he can run 3 miles with no breaks.  Didn't get that from me!
 And Stacey too.  This Speedy Gonzalez actually finished before Ryan!!! I think he was 5th out the entire school and Ryan was 7th?? And That's the ENTIRE elementary which is first-SEVENTH graders.  We have some runners y'all.  

 tired guys
 and a cheerleader, cheering on her buddy Landry.  I love this picture.
 So proud of my crew,
 and I love that we get to share these fun school experiences with our friends the Bowdens.
Way to go guys!

No comments: