Sunday, March 11, 2012

Date Night

This year our church had a very cool Daddy-Daughter Date night. Ally was looking forward to spending time with Mark, so Ryan and I decided to go on a date as well. It was hilarious because we went over a few things that boys do on a date like; compliment your date on how they look, open the car door, restaurant door, pay for dinner etc. It was very funny to watch Ryan do these things for his momma! We had a blast and we'll be making this an annual tradition.

Here we are before our big night. Ryan had on a collared shirt under this sweatshirt just for me :).
Can you feel her excitement??!!
And his too..he he. He was actually very excited because our date started off at 135 Prime with Steak and Shrimp and then we headed to see Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D. I let him choose what he'd like to do and I thought he came up with a wonderful plan!
Ally and Mark went to dinner with us and then they headed to church for a night filled with crafts, food, pictures and a REAL CARRIAGE RIDE! Ally came home glowing and told me every detail of her fantastic night.
She got these beads at church and had just had to wear them in the picture.
I love that our church put on this wonderful night and that over 300 daddies treated their daughters to a night they'll never forget. I also love that I got to spend some quality time with my giant 8 year-old son. He chatted the night away and I just listened...it was perfect!

No comments: