Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm 35 y'all!

As each birthday flies by I try to take time to stop and reflect on the Lord, my life, changes I need to make, blessing I have been given, etc. I don't know why this happens on my bday each year instead of January 1st, but that's the way I roll :). As I gear up for this 35th year there are some definite things I love and some things I need to let go of but that's what is SO great about taking to time to stop and reflect.

I love my sweet life and I am blessed beyond measure. I have developed some of the best friendships of my life the past few years and they get me through it ALL!! And I mean it A-L-L. Life has been a little tricky this year with the plaguing illnesses, grief, and anxiety and I would be lost without the prayers of my friends and family!

I love being a stay at home mommy (who teaches a lot of ZUMBA) to my SEVEN and FOUR year olds. I love that we are out of the baby stage around here and moving on. I also love that I get to kiss my sweet nephews and niece to get my baby fix without having to actually birth another child--(huge praise for all of us)!!

I am in awe of the lessons of faith I've learned this year. As I sit down to write our weekly Zumba devotions I am amazed at all the Lord has taught me through his word. I have a long way to go but I am open and willing to hear Him and change.

I love FWCS. I cannot imagine not having this school in our lives. Ryan LOVES school and has learned SO much this year. He is a very smart child and we are seeing such amazing things from him. I know that he thrives in a smaller classroom and he is given a lot of freedom to discover new ideas and concepts in a Christian environment, and I couldn't be happier!

I am not fearful of flying anymore. I say this now because it may change later this week as we head to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. But I really think I am over the fear part. I still don't like it, and would rather not do it, but I don't start sweating like I did three years ago at the mere mention of flying---so in my book, major change people!

I hate refereeing the fights between my children. It's a lot and it's exhausting and I need some prayer to make it this summer. Whew...do they still make Calgon?

We are now into year round sports. Ryan played football, then basketball and now we are starting baseball. I love it and look forward to each and every game but the scheduling of that and zumba has been a challenge. (not to mention homework and dinner...but that's another thing entirely). Ally is doing TOT basketball, ballet, tap and kids zumba so she's got a lot going on as well.

I am extremely thankful that my husband has a flexible work schedule. He is usually available to help with the kids at night so that I can be gone until 7:00. In fact, I couldn't do any of this parenting stuff without him so I am very grateful for the last 13 years of NFIB. I cannot believe he's been there this long. Praises and more praises!!

I had a pretty interesting 34th year and I am ready to see what 35 will hold. 35....gosh that sounds old doesn't it!!??

My wonderful birthday weekend started at Supper Club Friday night and lasted until my Sunday afternoon pedicure with mom and my sisters. I like to really drag out a celebration. Kacey made my favorite Red Velvet cupcakes and they were delicious!

So fun that Caryn was here too!! Caryn and I have birthdays 2 days apart so we always try and get together to celebrate in a big Waco way.

My sweet supper club friends (minus Heather---we missed ya girl!). I love these women to pieces!

Our husbands were all there too but somehow we always end up with the girls in one room and the boys in another. I love you guys, thanks for making me feel so special!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Ha! Feel so special being included in the Supper Club pic! What a great group of girls and I loved getting to spend time with you guys! I loved reading your post and could relate to so much of it! Love you, friend!

shannonmichaelis said...

Love that you got to see all of my favorite people as well! Happy 35th - on our way to 40, we 30 somethings. Praying for the rain to clear in your life and for the blessings to tumble down one after another this year. Love everything you wrote in this post!

Krispy said...

Love you birthday girl! Have a wonderful relaxing time on your trip!
xoox