Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Landscape!

Well after 6 years of living in our house we finally got some rockin' landscape! Thank you very much Creighton Bennett & Associates you did a fantastic job. I know you are probably wondering why I am including this post but to the Wood family this is a huge deal. My dad built our home in 2002 after we relocated to Waco from Arlington. When we moved from Arlington we were the proud owners of a home there so we were on a super tight budget. Landscaping was a easy thing to cut out. Needless to say our home in Arlington did not sell for 2 years! Let's just put it mildly and say that was a rough patch for us, financially, spiritually, and emotionally. It was so hard on Mark, who was out working his tail off just to have his hard earned money cover 2 mortgage payments every month!!! Our house finally sold (which is another crazy story...we were going to foreclose and this couple finally bought our house only to break in and repaint the entire inside before we closed. It was just the strangest thing ever, but we were just thankful to be done with it.) and by now we were proud parents to Ryan and landscaping was way down on the list. We were still financially recovering and it just seemed that we were hit with huge expense after huge expense. So now we are in debt and miserable and just living paycheck to paycheck. It was really ridiculous because Mark makes a very good living and we were paying crazy interest on credit cards and cars etc... If you have ever experienced financial strain then I know you can appreciate our little story. I won't tell you the exact amount of debt for fear of judgement but it was a lot....a whole lot:0. We are so thankful that we are now debt free and we credit that only to the LORD! God performed what I know was a miracle and one of our debts was literally erased...like it had never ever existed. To see something like that happen to us was crazy. I still get chills thinking about that. So to us this new landscape is a real tangible way that we can see the Lord's provision. Honestly I look outside and it's one of those things that I just thought would never, ever happen. What a lesson in humility and trust.
Before



During

After



"They will fight aganist you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord. Jer 1:19

11 comments:

Caryn said...

Thanks for the pictures, I've been wanting to see it, looks great!!!!

MLP said...

OH Angie! LOOKS fabulous! I've always loved your house so much. I never knew your dad had built it. SO cool!!!

What a story! That is awesome the way God took care of ya'll. What an amazing God we have!!!

Thanks for always sharing. I'm about to e-mail you b/c I am so excited about something!!!

The Junods said...

First the house looks totally awesome! LOVE IT! Isn't that amazing what a little leaf can do!? AND sister...what a story. Never knew that about your old house. What a time! We have had our fair share of debt. We've learned so much. Thanks for being so honest! Congrats on the new change!

Kylie said...

The landscaping looks so good! I've always loved you house anyway :)

LOVE the verse you shared at the end. It makes me teary!

Shannon said...

AMAZING!!!! I am so happy for you guys. What a testimony! Love you!

Brett and Katherine said...

It looks beautiful! And, what a great story --thanks for sharing! I miss you!

Katy said...

Yay! 3 cheers for landscaping! :)hehe keeps the food on the table...
just kidding------in all seriousness that was a great testimony, and I loved hearing/reading it!!

Keep Your Eyes on the Stars said...

Great story and looks awesome!!!

KK said...

So pretty! I know these plants represent so much more for you and your family. I'm proud for you...

Ann said...

What beautiful words you wrote, Angie! Thank you for sharing!! God is so faithful and I love to see how He pours out His blessings. Can't wait to see it in person!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Beautiful words is right! Thank you for sharing. God is so good isn't He? The yard looks amazing! What a testimony.