Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Ryan's first Orchestra Concert

I was thrilled when WCS announced they were starting Orchestra this year.  Music is such a huge part of my life and I couldn't wait for Ryan to experience learning an instrument reading music.  I was fully prepared for him to hate it but what happened this year is AWESOME! Ryan enjoys playing the bass.  Let that soak in for a minute.  Ryan not only plays an instrument, he LIKES it! Something other than Sports.  It has been a huge blessing for us this year to see him take on this challenge.  Mark and I are so proud of him and love hearing him practice.  Oh and the bass is enormous, and we are on our third one this year already. sigh.
For their concerts they must wear "concert dress".  I loved seeing him in this...
Ryan-not so much
This is my favorite picture.  Look at my handsome kid, playing the B-A-S-S!
 Orchestra 1 class
The 4th graders at the reception.  Happy kids :).
Bursting with pride here
 My parents were also thrilled for him since they are both musicians as well.
 Praise the Lord that Grandma was there because Brady at a concert=not a good idea.  Thank you Norma for saving the day.
 I think he had 3 cookies
 younger siblings
 My sweet friend Ashley Farmer and her family.  I love this girl to pieces.  She is battling breast cancer right now and has a very positive attitude.  The light of the Lord shines bright through her.  
 Dad and RW
 Honey and her Wood boys
 brothers.  love that we have brothers
Way to go Ryan, so proud of you!

No comments: